Kindle device manager
Managing Your Fire & Kindle, Kindle Content, and Account
With Amazon’s Manage Your Content and Devices, you can manage your Kindle payment settings, deliver items to your devices and Kindle reading apps, and return Kindle books. You can also change your device name or deregister a device from your account.
Manage your kindle on Amazon
Amazon’s Manage Your Kindle page is a one-stop location for managing your Kindle content and your Kindle device. If you have multiple Kindle devices, the Manage Your Kindle Page is even more useful.
You can use the Manage Your Kindle page to send books from your Kindle library to any of your Kindle devices. You can also use it to see the periodicals you subscribe to, and you can manage those subscriptions as well. Links enable you to manage your method of payment to Amazon so that items you purchase on your Kindle Fire get charged to the right credit card. Finally, you can register and deregister Kindles and rename your devices from the Manage Your Kindle page.
Managing Your Books and Documents
You can view all the books and documents in your library using Manage Your Kindle. You can also transfer them to your Kindle. Ebooks that you have purchased from Amazon’s Kindle Store appear in the Books content library. ebooks that you have purchased from a source other than Amazon appear in the Personal Documents content library. Docs that you see listed in Manage Your Kindle have been emailed to your kindle.com email address for document conversion. Manage Your Kindle doesn’t list docs that you load to your Kindle Fire using the micro-USB cable (a process known as sideloading).
Accessing Manage Your Kindle
Manage Your Kindle is a web page that you access using the web browser on your computer or using Silk on your Kindle Fire.
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
You can get to the Manage Your Kindle page directly by going to www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle in your web browser.
Viewing Books and Docs
Manage Your Kindle’s default view lists all the books, magazines, subscriptions, apps, and personal docs on your Kindle devices. This section covers books and docs, and I talk about handling newspapers and magazines in the next section.
From the Manage Your Kindle page, you can select the type of content you want to view using the View drop-down list. You can sort content by title, author, or date by clicking one of the column headers. The first click of a column header sorts in descending order; clicking the same column header again sorts that column in ascending order.
If you want to see details on an item, click the plus sign next to the item title. If you have a lot of content and you want to search for a particular item, enter a search term and click Go.
Why Use Manage Your Kindle?
A lot of the functionality in Manage Your Kindle, such as transferring a book from the Amazon Cloud to your device, can be accomplished directly on your Kindle Fire. However, if you want to lend a book to another Kindle user or permanently delete a book from your Kindle Library, you accomplish those tasks through Manage Your Kindle. It’s also a convenient way to deliver content to multiple Kindle devices or apps on your account or to manage your account when someone else in the family is using your Kindle Fire.
Sending Books and Docs to Your Kindle
You can send books and docs to a Kindle device or to the Kindle apps for Android, iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. You can send books, but not docs, to the other Kindle apps. Content is delivered within a minute, assuming you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Locate the book or doc that you want to send to your Kindle.
- Hover over (or tap, on the Silk browser) the Actions drop-down list.
- Click Deliver to My.
- Select the device from the drop-down list. If the doc you are sending to your Kindle isn’t in a format supported by a particular device, that device is not available in the drop-down list.
- Click Deliver.
Downloading Books to a Computer
You can also download books (but not docs) to your computer. After you download a book, you can sideload it to your Kindle Fire using the micro-USB cable.
- Hover over (or tap) the Actions drop-down list.
- Click Download & Transfer via USB.
- Select the Kindle to which you plan to transfer the book.
- Click Download and save the book using your browser’s download option.
Deleting Books and Docs
You can delete books and docs from your library if you do not want to reread them. Use this feature with caution because doing so removes the item permanently. If you delete a book that you purchased from Amazon, you have to buy it again if you change your mind.
- Point to the Actions drop-down list.
- Click Delete from Library.
3.Click Yes to confirm that you want to permanently delete the book from your library.
Changing Your Kindle Email Address
Use your Kindle email address to send docs directly to your Kindle. You can change the email address for your Kindle Fire on the Manage Your Kindle page.
- Click Personal Document Settings.
- Click Edit next to the Kindle email address you want to change.
- Enter the new email address.
- Click Update.
Adding an Approved Email for Docs
To prevent spam on your Kindle device, Amazon delivers only docs emailed from an approved list of senders. You can add an approved email address using Personal Documents Settings.
- From Personal Documents Settings, click Add a New Approved Email Address in the Approved Personal Document Email List section.
- Enter the email address you want to approve. You can also enter a partial email address, such as @yourcompany.com, to allow all senders from that particular domain.
- Click Add Address.